UNDERSTANDING & WORKING WITH
Back by Popular Demand!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The 2100 Building
2100 24th Ave S.
Seattle WA, 98144
This interactive workshop, through large and small group dialogue, relevant and engaging activities, and insightful cross-cultural narratives, will help participants develop an understanding of how to more effectively work with people from different cultures.
Participants will be invited to reflect on their own personal and professional experience as context for understanding the Cultural Proficiency Development Model™ related to individual and organizational development. The specific stages of organizational growth related to cultural competence will be introduced to provide a foundation for individuals to assess their organization’s equity environment and how it supports culturally responsive practice.
To support continued cross-cultural learning and personal growth, participants will be offered local resources and opportunities to support them on their continuing journey of understanding.
- Create a deeper understanding of individual and organizational cultural proficiency development
- Highlight the individual’s journey toward developing greater cultural competence
- Identify and explore specific communication & relational norms of ethnically and racially diverse populations served
- Identify specific opportunities for individuals to develop more culturally responsive
- Organizational growth assessment
- An understanding of cultural proficiency development theory, how it applies to self, and how it can inform individual and organizational practice
- Insight into communication and relational norms of different ethnic and/or racial groups
- Deeper personal and professional connections among participants
- Personal action plans for developing more culturally responsive practice
TRAINER: MAKETA WILBORN
Coalition Member Organization:
$100 per participant [for 1-5 staff from member
$90 per participant [6 or more staff from member
$139 per participant
Lunch will be on your own.
Continuing Education Units/Clock Hours:
Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units.
Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
The cancellation fee is $25. If you must cancel your registration and have already made payment, you may request a refund minus the $25 fee up to 3 working days prior to the event. After this date, no refunds will be issued and the workshop fee will be charged.
Alternatively, you can make substitutions for attendance.
Please note that "No Shows" will be charged the full workshop fee.
Please inform Anna McCain at 425-640-1424 or email@example.com if you need to cancel.
here to go to Coalition Member Organizations list
here to go directly to the Non-Profit Staff Development Coalition Project home page.